CHANGE : We have spent time enough to use Moodle Plugin
Maintenance API to support automated plugin update chain from our
internal development workflow.
This "techproject" activity module is intended to give a complete project driving tool in a pedagogical environment, allowing to teach first principles of pragmatic project management to students through standard steps that are
- collecting needs as requirements,
- describing solution with specifications,
- and controlling development task within a milestone schedule
- for providing deliverables
- that will be reviewed and validated
Its goal is to fit moodle with a fully featured project management tool that could either be used to manage real projects, or drive student projects as a project based pedagogy.
Description entities are tree-shaped, thus improving continuous refinement method.
Techproject is "group" aware, and will allow each course group to form an independant team to drive his own worktrack.
- Ability to describe in details using continuous refinement thinking
- What is a requirement
- What is a specification
- How to monitor project coverage and progress
- How to plan project in a global schedule (milestoning)
- How to qualify and define tasks
- How to make a cost study
- How to consider risk
- How to distribute work among a team
- The benefit of information relationship and consistant indicators binding
- How to proper drive a validation review