Activities ::: mod_securepdf
Maintained by Yedidia Klein
Share your PDF to students without letting them to download or save it.
Current versions available: 1
- Secure PDF module allow you to upload a PDF to your course, and prevent students from downloading it.
- Students will get an image of each page and not the PDF itself.
- The images are protected from "right click" to prevent saving the image.
- Module completion will be set only while user saw all pages of document.
- You must know that people with web development skills will be able to download the images (one by one)
- Please note that you have to install a PHP module that is not needed by Moodle itself.
- Install php-imagick module on your system.
- (debian/ubuntu) apt-get install php-imagick
- (Redhat/Centos) yum install php-imagick
- Configure imagemagick to allow PDF reading, Add <policy domain="coder" rights="read" pattern="PDF"> to the policy at /etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xml see more details here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52703123/override-default-imagemagick-policy-xml
- Restart php-fpm or your web server.
- cd [moodle]/mod/
- git clone https://github.com/yedidiaklein/moodle-mod_securepdf.git securepdf
- Go to your moodle Notification Page and install.
- Add securepdf module in your course.
- Add a PDF fle to the module and watch it.
- Note that first view of page will be slow (20-25 seconds), then it's will cached for other users.
Yedidia Klein (Lead maintainer)
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them