Moodle plugins directory: Interactive Video Suite
Interactive Video Suite
What is the IVS?
Interactive Video Suite (IVS) - The lively video exchange format for teachers and students.
- Transform videos in Moodle into a dialog-oriented learning format
- Use videobased interactions for your lectures, seminars or practical exercises
What is Social Video Learning?
With Social Video Learning you can optimize your learning experience by interactive video analysis.
- Identify relevant or unclear aspects by time-marker specific comments and discuss them directly at the points where they occur
- Promote student interaction, attention and transfer thinking with interactive elements like in-video-questions or highlighting tools
- Boost your students motivation and successfully support the acquisition of knowledge and skills
Try our innovative video features
- Time-marker specific video comments: Ask questions, lead discussions and contribute ideas by comments and re-comments. Highlight the timing of the comments with colored icons in the playbar.
- Audio messages as video comments: Record and send time-marker-specific audio messages
- Video Editor: Add markers, text notes, zoom, pauses, slow motion, and fast motion to your video. Use these to draw learners’ attention to important aspects and encourage discussion in the video.
- In-video questions: Use single-choice tests and open questions to test learners’ prior knowledge and understanding directly in the video. When the question appears, the video stops; learners cannot continue until the question is answered (correctly).
- Interactive hotspots: Complement single-choice and open questions with interactive hotspots in your videos. To answer a question correctly, learners must click a special area on the screen before the video continues.
- Video Feedback: Reference different video sequences from the video that play depending on the answer to a question. This not only tells learners if an answer is right or wrong, but also gives them a hint for the correct answer.
- Share a comment link which will be rendered as a Interactive Video Suite activity. Use Moodle filter plugin to enhance the Interactive Video Suite Activity: https://github.com/Ghostthinker/moodle-filter_ivs
- Compatibility: Supports the integration of videos by OpenCast, Panopto, Youtube, Vimeo and external sources (URL)
New features & updates
🟧 IVS connects with Moodle-GradebookAs of February 2023, the Interactive Video Suite will be connected to the Moodle Gradebook. What does this mean for users? The results from video quizzes (in-video questions) will flow directly into the Moodle Gradebook and thus into the learner's grade. Linking the IVS activity to the Moodle Gradebook provides both students and instructors with an ideal learning path and makes it easier to enter and keep track of credits. Additionally, the setting can be disabled if needed. This allows e.g. test and practice phases to take place in a relaxed manner without pressure to perform.
🟧 In-Video-Questions with timing mode (Automated-Video-Feedback) from March 2023
Test your students’ knowledge on timing and reaction with the new timing mode for in-video questions! Timing mode tests knowledge and reaction to the video scenes shown. These can be identified via buttons by the students at the according time. As a trainer, I can ask the students scene-specific questions and set a timing for answering the questions. In addition, exam details can be set, such as the number of attempts or the pass mark. Trainers can easily view the students’ results in an overview to check which scenes the students already recognize well. Possible fields of application for this function are:
Sports context: analysis of game scenes (e.g. pass, throw-in, cross).
Teacher education: Analysis of teaching observations
Medicine: Analysis of doctor-patient-conversations
We would like to thank the Mannheim Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg for financially supporting and promoting this development.
🟧 Multiple-choice questions: More flexibility in exam design
Until now, only single-choice questions (questions with one correct answer option) could be included in the IVS video player. By expanding the exam format to multiple-choice, instructors and learners now enjoy more flexibility in exam delivery.
Now you can choose the correct answer from up to five answer options
Single-choice questions with one correct answer
Multiple-choice questions with up to five correct answers
Please note: It requires an IVS license to use the plugin within an organization.