This plugin will automatically send email reminders for Moodle calendar events in a timely manner.
- The plugin provides a way to customize the email header/footer with desired HTML content! This means now you can add your site branding to those email reminders too. (See updated screenshots)
New Features: (in v2+ which works in Moodle 3.5 or above)
- Ability to send reminders after event completed for overdue students
- Ability to enable/disable and schedule reminders per activity
- Explicitly reminder enables: By default no reminders will be sent unless teachers enable them in course level.
- Reminder email messages when calendar event created/changed/removed
- Prevent sending more email reminders once a student has completed the activity
- Added timezone/location to the email due dates
- Support for course category events
- Ability to customize email header/footer with the branding of the site
- Additional cron task to clean old reminder data
- Send reminders only to students who can submit the assignment
- Supports site, course, activity, user, and group calendar events
- Ability to customize the reminder schedule globally
- Ability to customize enable/disable reminders per course
- Ability to select reminders eligible user roles per calendar event type
Prerequisite for plugin v1.5.1 or prior:
- Your moodle site must enable logging to make the plugin work properly.
- The Cron job should be enabled
- Cron job should not be lagged to send reminders for custom schedules which has tight schedules.
Note: Please report any issue or feature request at https://github.com/isuru89/moodle-reminders-for-calendar-events by specifying reproducible steps, cron logs (scheduled task logs), and affected moodle + plugin versions.