The Scratch Filter allows you to embed Scratch games into labels, forums, or web pages automatically - wherever you create a link to a .sb Scratch file that has been uploaded onto the Moodle server (either as an attachment to a forum post, or as a course file).
This not only allows you to use Scratch files as teaching aids, examples, or games but also allows students to share their own Scratch games with other students via a forum, giving and receiving feedback and learning from each other's scripts.
To install and configure:
- Unzip the Scratch plugin folder to the filters folder on your Moodle server
- Log in as administrator and visit the notifications page.
- Enable the Scratch filter (Modules > Filters > Manage Filters)
- Change the settings to enable or disable autoplay (Modules > Filters > Scratch)
- Test out the plugin by adding a link to a Scratch file in a label or creating a forum post with a Scratch file as an attachment
ScratchApplet.jar and soundbank.gm are included with permission from the Scratch team. These files may need updating from time to time as new versions of Scratch are released. They are generally available from:
Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. See http://scratch.mit.edu