Enrolment: Course completed enrolment
With this plugin it is possible to create a chain of courses. After completion of a course, the student is automatically enrolled in one or more other courses. But it is also possible to give a user another role in the same course when he/she completes the course.
As a teacher go to the course in which students will be enrolled in the future. Navigate to Course Administration > Users > Enrollment Methods and add the Course Completed Enrollment method. Fill in the role - duration - start date - end date, and search for the course that needs to be completed. Save your changes and do an extra check if course completion is enabled and working in the required course.
There is a nice and simple explanation by Mary Cooch how to use this plugin.
Course completion is something else than doing all activities, read the docs on https://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_Course_completion first!
- If you want to enroll users in course2 after they complete course1, you have to add the enrolment method to course2 and choose course1 as the course parameter.
- If you want to enroll users in course2 and course3 after they complete course1, you have to add the enrolment method to course2 and course3, with course1 as the course parameter.
- If you want to enroll users in course3 after they complete course1 OR course2, you have to add 2 instances to course3, one with course1 as requirement, one with course2 as requirement.
- If you want to enroll users in course 3 after they complete course1 AND course2, you can add the enrolment method to course3 and choose course2 as the course parameter. Add in course2 the completion of course1 (course completion - Condition: Completion of other courses) as a course completion requirement.
- If you want to give a user a new role in a course1, add the enrolment method to course1, choose course1 as the course parameter and pick the new role for the participant.
- Administrators can bulk modify and delete users (works only when 1 instance is installed MDL-66652).
- When a user is part of a group in the first course, the user can also be part of the group with the same name in the second course.
- copy the content of the package into the enrol/coursecompleted directory under the root of Moodle.
- log in as administrator and complete the installation
- enable the plugin under Settings, Site administration, Plugins, Enrolments
- configure the default settings for this enrolment method when it is added to a course
Read the Plugin installation guide for complete steps about installing a new plugin in Moodle.