Twitter Feed 1.0
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Twitter Feed Block for Moodle
Moodle block which a twitter feed with easily stylable markup
This plugin requires Moodle 2.7 or greater
- 2016-01-28 - Initial version
- Install the plugin like any other plugin to folder /blocks/twitter
- See http://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Installing_plugins for details on installing Moodle plugins
- To enable the twitter block to contact the twitter API you will need to set up an application for twitter to use.
- Visit https://apps.twitter.com/ and login with your twitter account to use this application.
- For configuration on Moodle, you will need a Consuer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, and an Access Token Secret.
- Once you have these details, fill in the relevant settings for the block in moodle through the plugin administration interface.
The block_twitter plugin has 2 settings per instance: A setting for the number of tweets to show on the block. A setting for the twitter handle to get a list of tweets from. Currently only 1 handle per block is supported.
block_twitter should work with all themes from moodle core.
- This block uses the PHP twitter oauth library from https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth
- block_twitter is found in the Moodle Plugins repository: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_twitter
- Report a bug or suggest an improvement: https://github.com/iamandrew/moodle-block_twitter/issues
Thanks to Caroline Kennedy for ideas & suggestions
2016 Andrew Davidson
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.