Blocks: NED - Marking Manager
In previous versions of the Marking Manager, the cronjob was used to calculate the number of activities that require grading in all courses. For sites with many courses and/or students, this sometimes meant that the cron job would run for a long time and, as a result, put a strain on server resources. In this latest version, we have made the following changes to address this problem:
- The cron job method has been replaced with a “Manual” option, which allows users to refresh the block only when needed.
- When counting activities, the block will only scan courses where the user has teaching privileges.
- It is now possible to only include courses that 1) reside inside preselected course categories AND 2) have the block installed at the course level. Previously, it was one or the other.
- There is a new option that allows admins to only see courses where they have teaching privileges.
- There is a new option to skip hidden courses when counting activities
- Various bug and format fixes
Dear NED Plugin users:
We have been maintaining these plugins for many years and raising funds to keep this work going has been an ongoing challenge, especially in the last couple years. To keep these plugins alive, we must shift to a paid membership model. This decision was not taken lightly, since we value and appreciate the spirit of sharing that is demonstrated daily by the Moodle community at large. But we also don’t want to abandon our plugins and the schools that rely on them. We hope that this move will allow us to improve the quality of our plugins and keep pace with the timeline of the Moodle releases. We are still figuring out the details but it’s likely that we will offer a tiered membership system (ex. different prices for individuals vs schools) as well as options for non-profits. We look forward to updating our current lineup of plugins and to creating new plugins to meet the needs of learners and instructors alike.
If you or your school is interested in becoming a member, please complete this form https://goo.gl/forms/4Cfk8eu5YAxc63Gc2
At the site level (front page) the Marking Manager block lists all Assignments, Forums and Quizzes that require grading. At the course level, the Marking Manager has 2 parts:
Block: provides quick overview of the number of Assignments, Quizzes and Forums with the following status:
- Requires Grading
- Not Submitted
Clicking on these status links will open the marking Interface. The block also contains links to a custom Progress Report (see screenshot below). At the bottom part of the block, a status report shows the number of students that:
- have not logged in for x days
- not submitted actities for x days
- have a overall grade less than x percent
Marking Interface: allows teachers to grade Assignments, Quizzes and Forums within a single interface. This interface consists of a left section, where activites are selected, and and right section, where activties are graded. See screen shots below for more info.
Commenting temporarily disabled