Blocks: Course Checks Block
This block carries out a number of automated checks on a course, that are all user configurable. The checks were designed to encourage a minimum standard of course quality and highlight possible opportunities for improvement.
The block also has the option to allow users to "clear down" a course, simply removing any sections that don't have content. It won't delete any sections that have content and/or a summary.
The checks that can be carried out by this block are:
- Checks that the course has a summary, and course image set
- Checks that the course is visible to students
- Checks that guest access has been disabled on the course, to help prevent issues where enrolled students don't have permissions to do things
- Check that section headings have been renamed from their defaults.
- Check that all sections have a summary
- Check that there are no empty sections, and that they all have content
- Checks there are no assignment deadlines prior to the course start date (useful in rollover process)
- Allows site administrators to recommend blocks that should be installed on each course
Future Plans (early 2015)
- Check for old assignment dates after course rollover
- Add tool to quickly update assignment deadlines
- Make sections in block collapsable