Posts made by Visvanath Ratnaweera

Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Russel

The irony of not arguing with a fool is that somebody has to do it! AFAIC, I listen to Father William:

`In my youth,' said his father, `I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength, which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life.'
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rgs/alice-V.html

Amazingly, he continues to the other comment you made about old men:

`You are old,' said the youth, `one would hardly suppose
That your eye was as steady as ever;
Yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose--
What made you so awfully clever?'
`I have answered three questions, and that is enough,'
Said his father; `don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I'll kick you down stairs!'
Isn't that vision! One of these days we need to have a chat in the Lounge. I don't think the Advocacy group here appreciate our comments. Therefore declared FULLY OFF-TOPIC.
wink

How the broken Moodle site looks like is important. Please attach a screenshot. You may shade any sensitive information.

And when you say phpinfo shows, do you mean something like this https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=457797#p1838548 ?

One possibility is the upgrade process somehow removed critical PHP components. The above screenshot and phpinfo are the starting points of the search.
RESOLVED. Glossary is the solution.

That is a relief. Fifty odd open discussions are beyond what an average brain can carry.

P.S. This what the form Code of conduct says:

Provide feedback for others
  • Rate forum posts as useful to help others that may encounter the same problem and also encourage posters of helpful replies
  • Once your problem is solved, reply to the thread, adding [Solved] to the subject line of your post and providing links to the documentation, discussion or tracker issue that helped you.
P.P.S. Is the sister discussion Possible to manage FAQ in Questions Bank? also resolved with this?
Are you all talking about links like mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2? I was going to say that such links took me to section 2 of course 684 as long as I can remember.

Now I checked the Mount Orange School. There the sections have links like mysite/course/section.php?id=550. Seriously? Do you really mean since 4.2 or later the mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2 is passé?