Reporting in Feedback Module

Reporting in Feedback Module

by Janet Smith -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I am writing some custom reports based on data from the feedback module. I was surprised to see that the choice values for a drop-down list box are stored in one field separate by the | (pipe) character - however the user responses to those questions seem to be numeric.

For example, I have one question asking what term it is? The mdl_courseevaluation_item.presentation field holds this as "Fall | Spring | Summer" but the user response is recorded as 1, 2, or 3.

Does anyone have any tips on linking these 2 results together into a usable report? I was working on parsing the presentation options out using the pipe as a delimiter, but even if I succeed in that, I still need somehow indicate that Fall = 1, Spring = 2 and so forth.

Am I missing something in that table structure? How is it done on the Analysis tab in the Feedback module? I tried to locate that logic in the Feedback module code but didn't find anything. Do I need to join to some basic table defining the drop-down list box feature?

Any help would be appreciated.

Janet
Average of ratings: -