lesson config - correct answer moves forward, incorrect forced backward

lesson config - correct answer moves forward, incorrect forced backward

by adam gardiner -
Number of replies: 2
Hello All,
I've posted in "general", and it looks like my question may belong in the lesson module discussion.
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to set up my course so that if a student gets a correct answer he/she can move forward, but if he/she gets an incorrect answer, he/she is forced to a slide with the necessary info then allowed to retake the question/quiz.
Would be nice if the student could, upon failing a question/quiz, be directed to the pertinent info then return directly to where he/she left off (i.e. the same question/quiz). In other words, I'd like it if they didn't have to go back in the course and have to go though multiple slides to return to where they were at in a series of questions/quizzes...
any help is appreciated!
adam
my attempt can be seen at: publicadjustertraining.com/onlineclasses/
thx
Average of ratings: -
In reply to adam gardiner

Re: lesson config - correct answer moves forward, incorrect forced backward

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Adam,
Looks to me like you got the effect. You have a series of branch tables, then some questions. Wrong answers in a single question jump to the same Branch page with more info, which takes the student back to the question they missed. Once the student selects the correct answer, they move to the next question.

What is there in the lesson could be your entire lesson or your first lesson segment. If it is a segment, you will put in a branch table at the end of the current logical order and your last question correct answer will jump here. Make it the intro to the next lesson segment, choice to continue, go to the end of lesson, go to the branch table (you don't have yet) that serves as the table of content for the lesson at the start. I also like a branch table at my end of lesson, titled End of This Lesson which has words about what they just learned and their next step. The choice takes them back to the TOC or the real end of lesson screen via the standard choice of that name.

You will need to determine if once the student answers the question correctly, will they receive credit or do you want the student to take the Lesson again and get 80 or what ever percent correct before they advance. I got a 5% because I intentionally missed every question except 1. And I could not retake the lesson! That will be discouraging . smile

You are definitely learning and making progress.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Re: lesson config - correct answer moves forward, incorrect forced backward

by adam gardiner -
Chris,
thanks for the info. And everyone - thanks much. I think I have it figured out now!
Peace,
A