question about lesson format

question about lesson format

by Atia Cortes -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,
I'd like to know if it's possible to do this:
Guess I have a branch X with 3 bottons A, B, C that takes to other branches with more content (lets say sub-branches of X) and a 4th botton that takes to a question page (or a new branch with content, lets say another topic).
Is there a way to force the student to visit branches A, B, C before going on with next branch/question but keeping the navigation between X and A, B, C? (I mean, not doing from X go to A, from A go to B, ... but allowing to returnto X from A, B or C)
Hope that you understand what I mean and can give me some ideas...
Atia
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Atia Cortes

Re: question about lesson format

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Atia,
Looking over forum for 0 replies that are older than a week or two (I do not answer questions about essay questions).

Interesting question. My first answer was no you can not have a dependent section within a Lesson. Then I said Yes, sort of but realized I modified your setup in my possible work around where I made progressing to the next lesson dependent upon answering all the questions. See that below.

I was wondering if you set up either a cluster or series of question pages that used an end of branch if that would work. You will have to play but try a end of branch page.

B1, Q1, Q2, Q3, EB B2 Where the one jump in B1 is for an unanswered question. When students answer all the questions I think lesson will take them to B2. Q1 will take them to a new segment. But I don't think this is going to work for you.

Here was my first work around, which is not exactly what you want. If I understand you ( I didn't), you want to have a table of contents branch table, and for the student to pick different parts of your lesson in the order they want. But you want the student to visit every part of your lesson.

Count up the number of questions in your lesson. Go to Lesson settings and under flow control set minimum number of questions to the total you counted. Lesson will take the number of correct answers and divide it by the minimum number you set. Set the dependency on the next lesson to 100% and it will not take students long to figure out they have to answer all the questions.

In Lesson settings, I would let them retake the lesson of course and use max score rather than mean. You choice on how many attempts per question you will allow, probably something greater than 1 would be good. That ends my work around which is not what you wanted but maybe will get you thinking about restructuring your course.

Hope this late post helps. Chris