Quickmail problem.... again

Quickmail problem.... again

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Number of replies: 3
We have a recurring Quickmail issue (latest for 1.9). We have it installed on out Moodle 1.9+ instance. However none of the intructors can use the block when it is in their course. They get a "Sorry you do not have the correct permissions to use Quickmail" error. The Moodle admin an use the block in the course. I configured the block to be sticky in every course. I even added the use quickamil block to every role on the system, still no good. Anyone else seeing this? Very frustrating, ever since going to Moodle 1.9, Quickmail has been buggy.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

Re: Quickmail problem.... again

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
we tested it in 1.9 and it works fine. Are you *sure* you have the correct version of the plugin for 1.9?

(I'll check again though)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Okay, my bad... Here's what we did.....

We had the older version for Moodle 1.8. The reason was that we want Quickmail to be a sticky block for all courses. This part works, BUT as the instructor I can not enable Quickmail for all students (via the settings link in the block). If I select yes and click save and go back in, it's back on no. To verify this I can come into the course as a student and there is no quickmail block. I've even tried granting the student role access to the quickmail block (cansee I think it was), no dice.

So essentially we need to:

1.) Use quickmail for large classes on Moodle 1.9
2.) Have every course use this block (sticky)
3.) Ideally by default allow students access to the block
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

by Greg Rodenhiser -
I'll also check again myself. I should have mentioned it's the Quickmail for large classes.