I can't change language : ( on debian

I can't change language : ( on debian

by unknown unknown -
Number of replies: 3
I'm trying to install a new language using Language import utility

I choose my language and install it - moodle says everything is ok - I check lang catalog and I see lt_utf8 appeared there... However, my language doesn't appear in the language list of import uttility and I can not choose to use it... I tried do this manualy - same thing.... I even tried instaling other languages - didn't work either..

I'm using the newest stable version of moodle on debian os.

I tried looking for answer in google - some people encounter same problem, but I can't find any solution fixing this....

Please help me, this problem driving me nuts! : )
Average of ratings: -
In reply to unknown unknown

Re: I can't change language : ( on debian

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
You said you tried installing manually. Do you mean upload the zip-file to the lang folder in moodledata, unzip it there and make sure the rights are ok (at least readable by the webserver process)?

At the moment, on my server the import script doesn't work either, but I think that is my mistake by mishandling the OS - I'm waiting for a holiday to rebuild the whole box wink
In reply to koen roggemans

by unknown unknown -
Strange, today I got a notice in moodle which said I had to "migrate language files to UTF8" or something like that. I pressed ok, and after migration process was finished I could install languages using language import tool. Everything works fine now big grin
In reply to unknown unknown

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
verrast you are on a not-migrated 1.6 or 1.7! That explains a lot.
Well, good that you couldn't install a utf8 language pack on that smile. Messages are usually there for a reason wink

Glad you figured it out.