Using same questions in lesson and quiz module

Using same questions in lesson and quiz module

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
There was an old idea to use questions in both modules. What about this plans?

I reminded this ideas when I created an quiz question export with moodle-xml-format and imported this questions in lesson module. Some questions are created in the correct way. I found a problem in multichoice question. The first two answered were not correct imported. Is this a bug or is importing from quiz via moodle-xml-format a missing feature?

Version: Moodle 1.9.+

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Using same questions in lesson and quiz module

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ralf,
I ignored your question because I use GIFT format. So far I have not run into this problem. I would throw this question to the quiz forum or enter it in Tracker as a bug.

The goal (I am not part of MoodleManagment, strictly a volunteer) is to be able to access question bank questions in several modules, including Lesson and obviously Quiz.

Best Chris
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Using same questions in lesson and quiz module

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ralf,
Yes it's an old idea. As far as I understand, for the Lesson module to be able to use the questions from the questions bank would need a complete re-factoring of that module. And no maintainer seems to have had the time (or other incentive) to do it so far.
Joseph