Capability Moodle/Course:View-What does it do?

Capability Moodle/Course:View-What does it do?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 1
I just upgraded to Moodle 1.7.3 and am having a couple problems with my site.

One problem is that when I try to view a main course page (e.g. /course/view.php?id=8), all that loads is the header for the page. The odd thing is that this seems to occur only with a single course that existed before the upgrade, plus any new courses I create.

I'm wondering if this is related in any way to the capability Moodle/course:view? I find it strange though that it would load the header at all. Also, I can access the individual module pages for this course if I go directly to them, just not the main course page.

I cannot understand why also it is only affecting a single existing course but any new courses I create are afflicted with it. There was a problem during the upgrade with some forums that I thought had long ago been deleted from the affected course, but apparently were still there and couldn't be upgraded, but I have since deleted them from the database.

If this is related to moodle/course:view, how can I fix it? Right now I am also having a problem with my admin page as well so a fix that involves going into the database directly might be needed.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Capability Moodle/Course:View-What does it do?

by N Hansen -
Nevermind, I fixed it. Seems it had nothing to do with capabilities but rather a bad line of code in a block.