Getting particpant's answer to show with feedback when it is wrong

Getting particpant's answer to show with feedback when it is wrong

by Dennis Granger -
Number of replies: 5

When a participant selects the correct answer to a multiple choice lesson question, they then get feedback which includes their answer above the feedback.

When a participant selects the incorrect answer to a multiple choice lesson question, they then get feedback but it does not include their answer above the feedback. What modifications do I need to make to get their answer to appear above the feedback, when the answer is wrong, please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis Granger

Re: Getting particpant's answer to show with feedback when it is wrong

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Which Moodle version are you using? On my current 1.9 moodle version I do not see the problem you mention and as far as I can remember the student's response is always displayed above the feedback message, irrespective of whether it was correct or incorrect.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dennis Granger -

Thank you for your reply Joseph. I'm using version 1.9 and it definitely demonstrates the behaviour that I described. You mentioned "and as far as I can remember ......". Would it be possible for you to please double check to see if it is the same as I've described?

Kind Regards

Dennis

In reply to Dennis Granger

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Dennis,
I confirm that there is no problem displaying the feedback either to correct or incorrect student responses using the latest moodle 1.9 version. And I am pretty sure that there never was such problem.
There must be something wrong either in your moodle files or in your lesson. Are you having this problem in all of your lessons? With other question types? Are you using a customized visual theme? If so, could you switch to standard or formal white theme?
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dennis Granger -

Thanks for your help Joseph. I also have no problem seeing the feedback - it is only the person's answer which is not appearing when it is incorrect. However I note that the answer does appear although it's incorrect in the screen shot that you included. Soooo... I'll have a closer look at things. I am using a customised visual theme so I'll try your suggestion of a standard theme, and look at other question types. Thanks again for your help.

Dennis