Users marked completed

Users marked completed

by Cynthia Steck -
Number of replies: 7

I have some users in our installation of Moodle that go into to start taking a course.  For whatever they are logging out, when they log back in all of the lessons in the course are showing the user has completed and not available.  I originally setup the course to not be timed to allow the users to come back and pick up where they have left off.  What configurations do I need to setup to allow this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cynthia Steck

Re: Users marked completed

by Barbara Braun -
It might be access control, Deadline. We found that the deadline is enabled per default. You could change this and set the last option: "Use this lesson's settings as defaults" to yes.
Greets
Barbara
In reply to Barbara Braun

by Cynthia Steck -

Thanks for the prompt reply Barbara.  Where is the access control / deadline configured at?  I have not seen that setting on any of the course setup or administration screens.  Is it a setting in the config.php?  I am using Moodle 1.7.1 if that helps.

Thanks,

Cynthia Steck

by Barbara Braun -
Go to update your lesson (button on the top right) and scroll down.
Greets
Barbara
In reply to Barbara Braun

by Cynthia Steck -

Ok I have checked the access control setting on the lesson.  Here is what I have configured:

Password protected Lesson - No

Dependent on - None

Conditions for the dependency - time spent (0), completed(unchecked), grade(0)

Available from 2/9/2008 - 9:25

Deadline: 4/1/2008 - 5:25

I have also changed the max number attempts to 2 and saved these settings as the default for lessons.  What do I have setup wrong?

Thanks for your help Barbara!

Cynthia

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,

You may have looked at this in Lesson settings.

Did you check under grading the "Student can re-take:" option. Did not see that on your list. If it is set to No....all the other settings will not matter. smile And I think No is the default.

Best Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Cynthia Steck -

Thanks Chris,

I have had to change the Lesson settings to the following.  I think this may have fixed the problem.

Student can retake: Yes (per your suggestion)

Max number of attempts: 10 (requested by users)

Handling of retakes: Use Maximum (requested by users)

I appreciate your help!

Cynthia

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Cynthia,
I forgot to mention the add/edit Lesson page in MoodleDocs. I am tired, usually MoodleDocs is the first thing I like point out.

Max attempts (in Flow Control) deals with how long a student can be stuck on an question in a Lesson in an endless loop. The student has to get in the lesson first smile . Once upon a time, I did not read the fine print and thought it was similar to the Quiz "Attempts allowed" setting, which does limit the number of times a student can take a quiz.

My sites' SOP is to set max attempts to 1. We don't care about our adult students being frustrating by selecting the wrong answer many times, we want them to read and think about the material. So they have 1 chance to answer every one of our simple question correctly, or they "fail" the lesson and have to take it again. This tends to slow down the speed clickers.

Hope this helps.