Link won't open in new window

Link won't open in new window

by Terri Teacher -
Number of replies: 1
I am working with a teacher to create a political boundaries quiz--students are given a numbered map and are asked to correctly identify the countries. We currently have the numbered map as an image in the quiz introduction. However, we would also like to provide students with a link to the map so that students can have the map open in one window and the quiz open in another; this arrangement will eliminate repeated scrolling up to look at the map and then back down to answer the question. I can get the map/link to open in a new window if I write in the HTML code myself (target = _blank), but if I try to use the link tool on the built-in editor and mark the target as a new window, the link opens in the same window. When I look at the HTML code created by the editor, I don't see any reference to where the link should open. I tried this out both on my site and on the moodle.org playground and had the same results.

Has this been set up this way on purpose? I know that there have been concerns about students' abilities to open new windows while in a quiz.

If not, is there a solution that has been posted elsewhere that I missed?

Thanks,
Michelle
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Terri Teacher

Re: Link won't open in new window

by Michelle Moore -
Sorry about the post from "Demo Teacher"--that was me. blush I was logged in as myself in one window and playing as Demo Teacher in another. I tried to remove the post so that I could re-post under my account, but moodle wouldn't let me back in to the community forums as demo teacher. smile