MODERATED Forums

MODERATED Forums

by Chris Clark -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

Is it possible to make an option for each Forum that is setup, that once a comment is posted, it is then emailed to the relevant teacher of that course for approval? (maybe just click on a YES or NO link?).

OR, the posting could be sent to the teacher first (like, 30 minutes), before it is publicly viewable, so the teacher would have time to delete the posting?

This would help in preventing "unnecessary" postings by students.

Enjoy your week,

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Clark

Re: MODERATED Forums

by Eduardo Mayorga -

Has any one answered your question? Did you find an answer to this?

Regards

Eduardo

In reply to Eduardo Mayorga

Re: MODERATED Forums

by Alejandro Lopez -
I found an extensive similar discussion in another thread, not about controlling forums posts content, but about controlling uploaded personal pictures...

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4674#21125

Moodle gives a lot of freedom to students, intentionally, and also gives teachers ways to clearly identify a student before asigning him to a class, delete his pictures, delete his formus post, and even unenroll him in case of improper behavior.

So all of this is part of the philosophy behind Moodle and his author, wich I deeply agree... Here is a post from Martin about pictures moderation issue:

-----------------------------------------------------
All this would be solved if the students were simply taught to take responsibility for their own actions. It's a complete cop-out to keep adding more and more restrictions to things, and (to me) a deeply worrying trend in the world today. I do realise the problems involved and the pressures on individuals within the system (and I'm deeply sympathetic) but I certainly don't want Moodle to ENCOURAGE those problems to get WORSE! Fight the power!
-----------------------------------------------------

Bye!