Coodinator role getting flooded with emails - HELP!

Coodinator role getting flooded with emails - HELP!

by Eric Eberhardt -
Number of replies: 4
Hi everyone,

We have created a new "coordinator" role that is above a teacher and below an admin with capabilities. We have assigned 3 global coordinators and 2 coordinators within a category. The problem that we are having is that the global coordinators are getting flooded with email notifications for all site activities, such as, forum postings and assignment submissions for all courses. Likewise, the category coordinators are receiving notifications for all category courses.

Only the instructor of each course should be receiving these notifications. Is there a way to stop these emails for the coordinator role?

I have seen the "moodle/site:readallmessages" capability, but I am not familiar with what is does.

Thanks,

Eric
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Eberhardt

Re: Coodinator role getting flooded with emails - HELP!

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Eric,

You should be able to stop forum subscription emails by not setting the capability mod/forum:initialsubscriptions for the coordinator role.

The capability
moodle/site:readallmessages relates to messaging.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Eric Eberhardt -
Dear Helen,

Thank you for your response. Does "initial subscriptions" mean that this capability would need to be set to "Prevent" BEFORE people are assigned to this role for it to take effect?

Also, do you know of a capability that will also stop notifications for assignments and quizzes also?

Thanks,

Eric
In reply to Eric Eberhardt

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Eric,

Regarding initial subscriptions, "not set" should be sufficient, rather than "prevent". Sorry I don't know about whether it needs to be "not set" before users are assigned the role. Perhaps you could let me know when you discover the answer. wink

Regarding stopping assignment submission notifications, the capability to grade assignments should be not set, since only teachers who are able to grade a particular submission are notified.

Regarding stopping quiz submissions notifications, the capability "get email notification of quiz submissions" should be not set.

Please note that role changes only take effect after the next login from that user.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Eric Eberhardt -
Helen,

Thanks so much for the information. I will let you know what I find out with the roles.

Regards,

Eric