Gradebook

Picture of Lauran de Bever
See all grades of a complete moodle site and what needs to be done!!!

Hi,

I want to see all grades of a complete moodle site in 1 overview.
A teacher has more courses, so he needs to see an overview from all his courses in 1 page.
Is this posible?
I am working now with version 1.6.5
If not, can this be made in a new version.
I have seen earlier, that others also needs this, but I never found a solution for this.
Can someone help me with this?

What I also want to see, is on overview of all students, all grades that they have, but also the students, which need to do their homework and the closing time of the job(assgnment or journal, or .......)

So I want to habve a complete overview of all ready and grades jobs, but also the ones, that haven't finish their work and what is the closing time of this job.

Is there anyone, who can make this???

It will make moodle more complete and better to handle.

Perhaps it can be made for each teacher, so he can see his students and all the results, and also what need to be done before some date
Picture of artur santos
Re: See all grades of a complete moodle site and what needs to be done!!!

Hello Lauran
"see all grades of a complete moodle site in 1 overview."
It would be great if Moodle could offer that possibility. It would be very useful.

Does anyone know if version 1.9 includes that?

Thanks in advance.
Artur

Picture of Lauran de Bever

Hi,

I am still looking for the possibility to
"see all grades of a complete moodle site in 1 overview."

Is this in version 2 now possible

If yes, how

I hear, that all grades are in SQL tables, so with a query it shoukd be possible, but I have only 1 teacher and he will see an overview of all grades of a complete moodle site.

He (and also me) cannot work with SQl query's

Can someone help me with this?

Wazza

I would like to know if this is possible in Moodle 2.4.

Picture of Diane Fink

I too, am looking for a way to see all students and their grades, not just in a particular course, but in all the courses they have taken.

This question was part of a previous post the other day, but haven't seen any replies as yet.

We are testing 2.5, up from 1.9.

Thank so much

Wazza

Diane, please vote for my tracker here:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-40152

If this is implemented, we can build a total progress report in a gradebook.

Wazza

To bad nobody is voting for it.

Picture of Constance Horne

Well, SQL may not be what you want but that's what you may need to use. The following queries retrieve a list of all completed courses for all students, including their username, last and first names, department, course name, grade and date completed.

I have two ways of getting at the data. (1) Use MS Access and run a MS Access query, or (2) Use MySQL Workbench (or other SQL tool) and run the native query.

(1) MS Access Route - Download & install the ODBC driver to connect to your moodle database and use MS Access to obtain this information. This is the Access Query:

SELECT u.username , u.lastname, u.firstname, u.department, c.shortname AS CourseName, ROUND(gg.finalgrade,2) AS Grade, format(DATEADD("s",cc.timecompleted, '1970-01-01'),'dd-mmm-yyyy') AS CompletionDate FROM mdl_grade_items AS gi, mdl_course AS c, mdl_grade_grades AS gg, mdl_user AS u, mdl_course_completions AS cc
WHERE gi.itemtype = 'course' AND c.id = gi.courseid AND  gg.itemid = gi.id AND gg.userid = u.id and cc.userid = u.id and cc.course =  gi.courseid and cc.timecompleted is NOT NULL
ORDER BY u.lastname, u.firstname, c.shortname

(2) Download and install MySQL Workbench. This is the native SQL query:

SELECT  u.username , u.lastname,u.firstname, u.department, c.shortname CourseName,ROUND(gg.finalgrade,2) AS Grade, DATE_FORMAT(FROM_UNIXTIME(cc.timecompleted), "%d-%b-%Y") CompletionDateTime
 FROM mdl_grade_items AS gi, mdl_course AS c, mdl_grade_grades AS gg, mdl_user AS u, mdl_course_completions AS cc WHERE  gi.itemtype='course' And c.id=gi.courseid And gg.itemid=gi.id And gg.userid=u.id  And cc.userid=u.id And cc.course=gi.courseid And cc.timecompleted Is Not Null ORDER BY u.lastname, u.firstname, c.shortname

Picture of Heather Edick

I use a plugin for Moodle called Configurable Reports.  I am able to run reports for all users who have completed a course (I'm sure it would work for activities, too, if you want to get that granular) and then I am able to customize the reports for leadership so they will only see students that report to them (I work for a corporation that uses Moodle for its LMS).  The plugin is available here: 

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_configurable_reports

Picture of Constance Horne

I would like to try this add-on but the zip file is currently broken.