Well, I think it's better this way. I felt that the headers of the grader report were very messy and confusing, especially in editing mode, with all these icons sort of floating around (just in the header cells, you have 3 places where icons are found: before the item name, after the item name, and finally the editing icons ).
Here is a screenshot containing a number of design improvements.
- A line break has been added after the activity icon, before the activity name
- The header cell contents have been aligned to the top of the cells
- The font size has been reduced
- The activity names have been shortened to 30 characters
- The editing icons have been removed from the header cells and placed in their own row, which is not displayed unless editing is switched on
I'm still not 100% sure what to do with the up-down sorting arrow, it would fit nicely in the icons row when editing is on, but when it's off it would be the only icon left in there, and only one icon doesn't really justify adding a whole row to the table. But there is no question that, wherever it is placed, it must be the same in editing mode and in normal mode.