Can't download gradebook in 1.8.3+.

Can't download gradebook in 1.8.3+.

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,
Suddenly can not download grade book in either excel or text format. When I click on either, it ends up as opening in what seems to be another browser page. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. This happens using either windows or mac machines.

Cheers
robert
In reply to robert maran

Re: Can't download gradebook in 1.8.3+.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Robert - Are you using the standard gradebook or GBPv2? By chance does the course in question have groups enabled? You may want to make sure that you have the latest code. There were a few bugs that was causing erroneous data to be exported; however, I am not familiar with the behavior you are describing. Perhaps a screenshot would make things a little clearer. Keep me posted. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by robert maran -
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. The course is set to "no groups". When I choose download in either excel or text, i get the attached screen shot which shows the partial result. From my limited knowledge what seems to be happening is that when I press "download to excel/ text" format, there is no download and it opens in a new browser window. i think i am using the standard gradebook. Any info on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Cheers
robert
In reply to robert maran

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Roert - What happens when you export to a text file? Can I get a screen shot of that as well? Can you provide the exact version of Moodle by hovering over the Moodle icon on the front page and giving the number between the parentheses. It sounds like you do but I just want to make sure you have the latest code. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by robert maran -
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. The course is set to "no groups". When I choose download in either excel or text, i get the attached screen shot which shows the partial result. From my limited knowledge what seems to be happening is that when I press "download to excel/ text" format, there is no download and it opens in a new browser window. i think i am using the standard gradebook. Any info on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Cheers
robert