You are super. With the change in me function, everything works well now. I don't need to change any setting in apache conf file. It's very very great
And you know what, I've also tried your new me function with Apache with rewrite engine off, it works well. And it works well with Virtual host too (using the same configuration file httpd.conf as I sent you before).
So my conclusion is your new me function works fine with your Windows-Installer package (testing is done on a fresh Win2K machine, no software), works fine with Apache server with/without rewrite engine (and Virtual Host too), why don't you change the me function in your next version of Moodle. It's a good thing to do, isn't it (it does nothing harmful for you existing setup, and works with my setup).
Thank you very much,