JQuiz not going to the next question?

JQuiz not going to the next question?

by Deepak Aggarwal -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,
I have just setup a JQuiz on moodle and as soon as the first question is answered it says 'correct, well done, your score is 100%' and then goes back to the main home screen, where you see the available courses.

I have setup a test account, if someone could please try it and see if they can make heads or tails of it.
Regards,
Dee

http://moodle-ing.com/moodle

username: test
password: 1234

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deepak Aggarwal

Re: JQuiz not going to the next question?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There seems to be a problem on your server. It cannot send "204" headers.

What I mean is this.

When you click a button in a HotPot quiz, the results so far are collected up and sent back from the browser to Moodle. Moodle stores the results and then checks the status of the quiz. If the status is "completed" or "abadoned" or "timed out", then Moodle will return to the course page (not the site page). However, if the status is "in progress", Moodle sends a "204" header to the browser, which tells the browser to do nothing i.e. continue the quiz.

In your case, I think the "204" is not sent, or is sent with an error. For this reason, I don't think any HotPots have ever worked on your server. Does that sound right?

Please check your server (=Apache?) logs to see if it reports more information on the cause of the problem. Alternatively, please contact your hosting company's support desk to ask them if they can shed any light on what happened to the "204" header that "mod/hotpot/attempt.php" is trying to send.

You can check for yourself that the quiz should work with Moodle by running it on my server:
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deepak Aggarwal -

Good Morning,

Yes you're right, hotpots have never worked on here before, as this is the first time that I have tried to set one up.  It makes sense about the '204 header' not being sent.  I will get in touch with my hosting company and ask them what has happened to the headers or where they are being sent (if they being sent at all).

The server is Apache, version 1.3.39 (Unix).

I'll get back to you when they reply and let you know what they say. 

P.s I'm at school at the moment and the quiz is on my home machine, so I'll upload it to your server for testing when I get home tonight - Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Dee 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deepak Aggarwal -

Hi Gordon,

I asked the hosting company what was happening to the headers and they say the error wer due the mod_security implemented on server was detecting a pattern? The have diabled the security and now it works perfectly!

I hope you are having a good day and thank you for pointing out the "204" error - much appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepak

In reply to Deepak Aggarwal

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deepak,
thanks for the extra information. That will be very useful if anyone else has the same problem in the future.

all the best!
Gordon