Problems with JMatch, Moodle 1.9, force media and new theme

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 4
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Problems with JMatch, Moodle 1.9, force media and new theme

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Alan,
I should have the forcemediaplayers problem (see MDL-12318) sorted out within the next couple of days.

Regarding the round corners problem, I will try to have a look at it, but I my feeling is that although sometimes the fix for CSS layout problems is just a couple lines in just the right place, there are also times when whole mornings disappear hunting down exactly where a particular style attribute is set.

all the best
Gordon
In reply to Deleted user

by David Berry -
This isn't going to be too constructive a comment but I have seen this before. I think that we were using one of Julian Ridden's themes. In IE everything looked perfect but Firefox displayed the layout similar to your screenshot. Never got to the bottom of the problem and, for that particular course, switched to a standard theme.

Regards

Dave Berry
In reply to David Berry

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi David,
thanks for passing on your experience. I found it constructive.

I think I know what is causing the problem and so I believe I am close (a couple more days) to fixing it.

The attached image confirms I was able to reproduce the problem with a JMatch on my Moodle 1.9 site. It also show that the new version of the HotPot module, which will probably be part of Moodle 2.0, fixes the problem, because it is able to separate the Moodle styles and page layout requirements better from those of the quiz.

out for now
Gordon
Attachment jmatch.roundcorners.jpg