cvs problem?

cvs problem?

by Sean Keogh -
Number of replies: 15
I'm getting a problem accessing anonynous CVS at the moment.  I've been successfully using CVS to maintain two moodle sites for some time, and this morning I got: 

"cvs update: authorization failed: server cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/moodle for user anonymous"

huh?

I tried logging in to cvs as anontmous again, but I get the same rejection...sourceforge doesn't love me sad

Sean Beardie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Keogh

Re: cvs problem?

by Chris Weber -
I am also having problems with sourceforge's cvs (for both moodle and phpMyAdmin) but I am getting different errors.  Heres's what I recieve:

cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.soureforge.net: M PserverBackend::PServerBackend()  Connect (Connection refused)
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Same problem over here: tortoiseCVS (contrib) asks a password...
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

by werner mülders -

I get the same messages since yesterday on different machines. Somebody knows, what has been changed thoughtful

When you go to the CVS repository you get this answer (502):

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Werner

In reply to werner mülders

by pau cervera -
Same problem. At first I thougth that I was doing sometying badly. I suppose the problem comes from sourceforge. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you  all,
               Pau
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Hans de Zwart -
Does anonymous CVS work for anybody right now? When I try to do an update I get:

cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

Anybody recognises this?
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Sean Keogh -
I am also getting this error.  I guess sourceforge is still having problems.

Sean Beardie
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Ger Tielemans -
 It is not a Moodle problem, for other CVS downloads I get the same login answer..sad
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Is it really a sourceforge problem? When browsing the Xindy, eGroupWare, Xoops and other CVS's, I don't have any problem.

The only one that doesn't go is Moodle sad
In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
From Sourceforge status page

( 2004-06-01 09:14:25 - Project CVS Service ) As of 2004-05-31 CVS pserver, ViewCVS and nightly tarballs for projects with UNIX names starting with the letters q, z, p, m, t, n and y will be down for an unknown time period due to a systems issue. We are currently working on a timely resolution to this issue.
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Hans de Zwart -
Okay CVS is working for me again. Now my question: I would like to have a CVS updated copy of both the latest development version and the moodle branch.
I already have the latest development version at ..../public_html/moodle/
Now I would like 1.3 stable to go in ..../public_html/moodle1_3/
When I follow the CVS instructions on the downloadpage I don't seem to get it working. With what CVS commando do I download 1.3 stable in /public_html/moodle1_3?