Next week comming up the 1.9 ready version of Nwiki with section editing

Next week comming up the 1.9 ready version of Nwiki with section editing

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 8
Hi there,
next week we will release a 1.9 version of NWiki (don't install the current in 1.9 ).
The bran new feature here will be the possibility of partial section edits like mediawiki does. This feature will be included in the Nwiki for 1.8 release.
Cheers
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Next week comming up the 1.9 ready version of Nwiki with section editing

by Stuart Anderson -
Ahhh, this new feature sounds very useful and will really set the wiki apart from ewiki. I'm quite looking forward to this release. Will there be locking at partial section level or will it remain at page level?

--Stuart
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Locking per partial section wink

and I expect santa clauss to bring 1,9 tagging to nwiki big grin

And late on new gradebook copilance...

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Ludo,

new features, new features. I think new features are interesting, but the main focus should be to get a new wiki as standard in Moodle.

Discussing with moodle users I mostly hear, it should be stable first (including good transfer of old wikis to the new module), than we have to understand the basic features, than we can discuss additional features. The main topic should be a stable and secure wiki in Moodle.

The best santa clauss gift is a new wiki in a moodle version. Moodle 2.0 I timed to late 2008. Shall we wait for a new wiki until end of 2008?

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Ralf,

the decision of squeezing nwiki into moodle 2.0 not in 1.9 has been taken by MD. I strongly beliebe this should have been done in 1.6, since then I've worked so hard to keep up to the moodle core changes.

Rigth now we are completelly focussed in stabilty ( this very week we released a revised version of the migration engine, completelly rebuild from scratch this summer ). My team feeds from grad students, the new ones are the ones who work in new features... the cool and stable things we put into the main release. Then there's me and some interns like ferran and pigui who work in the stability, security and keeping up with the moodle core updates (and turnbacks like the things in the gruops engine that appeared in moodle 1.8.2 and disapeared in 1.9 sad )

So don't worry the new features don't take resources from the work of making nwiki more and more stable and buggless (right now way beter than the official ) but help in training more developers.

Cheers
Ludo
(ps. ask santa martin if he want to evaluate again our release and care to squeeze it into 1.9 wink)

by ArVee Gee -
I have just started my Moodle site 1.9.b3. Actually, i am just waiting for your update for NWiki to 1.9 so I can start testing it while updating my courses as well.
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Ralf,

I'd just like to second your comment about, "new features are interesting, but the main focus should be to get a new wiki as standard in Moodle."

I couldn't agree more. NWiki looks like a wonderful tool, but until the bugs are fixed, especially the migration issue, it will be hard to persuade users of the present default wiki to switch. I hope the wonderful NWiki team concentrates on fixing bugs rather than creating more new features.

Best of luck to the NWiki development team.

In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by Neil Birt -
Are we getting any closer on this version?

Thanks for the hard work.
In reply to Neil Birt

by Xiangen Hu -
Could not wait! Thanks for hard work!