Camel Casing

Camel Casing

by Karen Marshall -
Number of replies: 7

I recently had trouble inserting a jpg into the wiki module.  I used the Insert Image icon on the toolbar to insert the graphic.  I was able to see the graphic in the Edit mode but NOT in the View Mode. 

After a little research, someone suggested to turn off "camel casing."  I had orginially save the jpg with two words using a space between. I resaved the jpg with all lowercase letters and NO space and it worked. 

I would like to turn off the camel casing so I do not run into this problem again, but I'm not sure how to do it. 

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to turn off camel casing?  

Thanks,

Karen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karen Marshall

Re: Camel Casing

by Lesli Smith -
Hi, Karen. Attached is a pic of where to find the "disable camel case" in the settings for your wiki. It is a little check box you can see when you click to update the wiki. I have mine checked, too, as I need it off for that particular wiki.

Disclaimer: I took this pic while using my admin role and have not double- checked to see that a regular teacher can see the same settings without the admin first tweaking roles. Let me know if you don't see the check box in your wiki. I have to run and can't check teacher view right this second, but hope this helps.
Attachment Picture_11.png
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Karen Marshall -

Hi Lesli,

Thanks so much - That was really stupid on my part.  

After I created the Wiki, I never looked back at my original settings for the wiki.  Don't know what I was thinking! (or not thinking!)

All works fine now.

Thanks so much again,

Karen

by Lesli Smith -
Hi, Karen. Apologies for being in such a hurry yesterday. Had to rush home to my little boy--first time with the flu. sad

In any case, I double checked the teacher role this morning, and that is when i realized I neglected to mention that you also need to click the "show advanced" button on the top right. You should then be able to see the CamelCase check box. Hope this helps.

Lesli
Attachment Picture_12.png
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Karen Marshall -

Lesli,

No apologies necessary!  Hope your son is feeling better. It was just really stupid on my part. This is my first experience creating an online course in Moodle. Basically, I'm learning Moodle as I go!

I saw in your profile that you have been using Moodle for 5 years. 

When you time...I would love to hear how you have been using Moodle?

by Lesli Smith -
Karen,

It wasn't stupid. Getting used to noticing all of the buttons and icons can take a little bit of orientation time. I remember that when I first started the setup for groups was really confounding me. The friend who was helping me get started gently pointed me in the direction of inspecting the editing icons for the activities on the main page a little bit more closely. "Oh, my gosh!" I said to myself. "Has that little people icon been there the whole time?"

Regarding sharing some of the things I've done and some of the things others have done, I'd like to invite you to check out our wiki collaboration at facultyroom.org. At present, the pages in it give just a rough sketch of what some of us have been doing, but we do have plans for developing a more comprehensive database where you will be able to actually look at fully functioning blank courses. Feel free to look around the rest of the Mentor Forums course as our guest or join us for conversations. We'd love to have your input.

Best,
Lesli
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Andie Turner -

Do you know where I can disable camelcasing within the NWiki program? We updated to NWiki and I do not know where that is!!

We had problems with images within the original wiki, some would stay, and others wouldn't... the NWiki has solved that problem for us...

Regards,

Andie

In reply to Andie Turner

by Lesli Smith -
I'm afraid I haven't yet tried the Nwiki, although I've been meaning to do so for some time now. Perhaps someone else can jump in here and say whether the settings for CamelCase are in a similar place in Nwiki?