Portfolios: Subject & Color Fields in SPBC not working with IE

Portfolios: Subject & Color Fields in SPBC not working with IE

by Eric Jarvis -
Number of replies: 2

I recently installed the SPBC Portfolio.  Everything seems to be working fine, but the fields that allow you to choose a subject for the artifact and the fields that allow the user to type in hexidecimal numbers for the colors aren't accessible when I use Internet Explorer. 

Both of these features work fine using Firefox.

I realize the color chooser is not designed for IE, but I believe I should be able to type in the hexidecimal code in the color field.  I also believe that I should be able to select the subject.

I'm running Moodle 8 and the most recent version of IE on Vista.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Jarvis

Error Messages

by Eric Jarvis -

I am not experienced at this, so I apologize if this an obvious user-created error on my part (most likely it is).

Once again, everything seems OK with Firefox; however, Firefox is not available on our district work stations.

Here are the "Problems with this Web page" errors that Internet Explorer displays:

First error -

Line: 558
Char: 25
Error: 'cpColorPicker' is null or not an Object
Code: 0

Second error -

Line 449
Char: 17
Error 'cp' is null or not an object
Code 0

In reply to Eric Jarvis

Re: Error Messages

by Matt Oquist -
Yeah, I ran into problems with IE and I just haven't had the time to figure them out. The original source for the color picker works in IE, but for whatever reason the way I'm using it breaks it.

But I'm surprised the hex color fields and the subject field aren't working...those should be fine, and have worked fine for me in IE on an XP testing system.

I don't have access to any Vista systems to test.

The above errors don't tell us anything about the fields being *disabled*, especially the subject field (which has nothing to do with the color picker).

I don't know what to tell you...if anybody else can take a crack at this, I'll appreciate the help.