No showing grades when selecting separate groups

No showing grades when selecting separate groups

by Stephen Francis -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,

We use 1.8.2+ on a windows server and have gradebook plus installed.
I can see the grades when "All participants" is selected, but when I change to view by group (which I have set up in both course settings and in quizes) it shows nothing. Am I missing something simple here, or is there a bug?

Steve

In reply to Stephen Francis

Re: No showing grades when selecting separate groups

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Have you solved this problem yet? Because I am having the same issue.
In reply to Gareth Cadwaladr

by David Fountain -

Do you get a completely blank page or does it display a message about no grades being returned?

What is the end of the url in the address bar? (eg .../moodle/grade/index.php?id=159&action=grades&group=77)

Have you tried turning the debug on and if so what messages (if any) does it give you?

In reply to David Fountain

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Hi David thanks for your reply,
the querystring is as follows:

http://moodle-dev/grade/index.php?id=7&group=3

This is a screenshot of what I see when a specific group is selected:

pic.jpg

There are 8 members in this group, and their results are displayed along with the others when I choose all participants.

How do i turn the debug on?

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Right, found the debugging section (sorry I am new to this)!

And ticked the box "Display debug messages", and nothing different occurs when I visit the grades page.

by David Fountain -
You have a newer version of this to me - I don't have the Download ODS button. I'll have a go on my test box when I have updated.
In reply to David Fountain

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
Sorry, the version I am using is 1.8.3

I have no idea what I've done wrong with this gradebook! Does anyone have any suggestions? Please?

by Gareth Cadwaladr -
As seen in the screenshot above, no table displays on the screen, but if I choose to download the grades, they download correctly - that is only the members of that group are downloaded.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I suspect that this is a bug. I recently fixed it for GBPv2. I will try to see if I can get some time over the weekend to patch up the gradebook in core to get around this bug. I've reported this in the tracker as MDL-12320. Please feel free to vote on that issue and track progress there. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Anthony Borrow -
I just wanted to report back that Yu was able to get the patch that I had worked on for GBPv2 applied to 1.8 STABLE branch of core so if you get the latest version of Moodle 1.8+ the issue with separate groups and students being able to see their grades should be fixed. If not, please feel free to comment on MDL-12320 and we can look at re-opening it if needed; however, I think it should be working now. Peace - Anthony

by Anthony Borrow -
Stephen - My apologies for the delay in responding. This was definitely a bug in the GBPv2 code and has been fixed. I believe it was related to CONTRIB-105 and CONTRIB-109 (off the top of my head). In any case, I would encourage you to get the latest code from CVS (a zip file built nightly should be available at:

http://download.moodle.org/patches18/gradebookplus_v2_1.7.zip

Let me know if you need help or if this does not resolve your issue. Peace - Anthony