Firewall and privacy issues

Firewall and privacy issues

por Richard Treves -
Número de respostas: 7

I've trawled other postings on this issue and nothing seems to answer my problem.

I have 2 team members with the same problem.  They both use XP and Norton Firewall, when they come to login it doesn't work and keeps them on the login page with no error message.  By turning off the firewall and dropping privacy settings to low they can get in and put firewall and privacy setting back up again, using the site continuously after that isn't a problem.

I'm on Moodle 1.2

What exactly is the problem and can anything be done to get around it?

Many thanks in advance

Richard

Média das avaliações:  -
Em resposta à Richard Treves

Re: Firewall and privacy issues

por Howard Miller -
Imagem de Core developers Imagem de Documentation writers Imagem de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagem de Peer reviewers Imagem de Plugin developers
...but you didn't look in the FAQ sorriso

If you click here -- loginstuck -- it should help you.
Em resposta à Richard Treves

por Jon Bolton -
Imagem de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagem de Testers
As others have pointed out, you don't need to turn off the firewall - just tell Norton to trust the site. However, I created a Resource on my site, with information for people who are stuck on the login page. Then I edited the login page so that it has a link to that resource with more information about the problem.

See http://learningcentre.baillie.org.uk/login

People have been much happier when they know there is an issue, rather than the countless number of calls I used to get about problems logging in!

As the login problem is nearly always Norton (or at least firewall related), perhaps we (the "royal we", you understand piscando ) could include a link on the login page as a standard help page like my resource??

Over to the SuperMoodlers (Martin, Jon, Eloy, Gustav, Mike, et al) for comment (and action?)
Em resposta à Jon Bolton

por John Gone -
Hi Jon,
That's a great solution to put the info right on the login page. I hope you don't mind but I've lifted it for my site at: http://eyrespace.com/weather/
Em resposta à John Gone

por Jon Bolton -
Imagem de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagem de Testers
Of course I don't mind boca aberta
The text for the help page was from the FAQ link anyway corado

To steal the work of one is plagiarism;
To steal the work of many is research...