Help! with student documentation

Help! with student documentation

by CLAIRE LAIDLAW -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, i've only just started to use moodle and i have set up choices for the students to enrol in tutorial groups.  However my main problem is that i need a simple letter for students to understand on how to choose their groups.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my students have a habit of not reading things properly.

Also i have another query once all my wonderful students have made their choice is their a simple way to create groups from the choice results.  Third and finally can students within a group be contacted without the information being broadcasted to those that are enrolled in the course.

Our uni site has some courses running soon about this but they will be too late for the start of the session.

Thanks

Claire

Average of ratings: -
In reply to CLAIRE LAIDLAW

Re: Help! with student documentation

by John Isner -
Suppose you have 24 students and you want to create six groups with four students each. Create a Choice activity with four choices labeled A, B, C, D, E, and F, each with a limit of 4. Have the students do the activity. If you want them to be able to choose who they work with, select "Always display results to students." When everyone has chosen, you will have to manually set up the groups.