Anyway for a Teacher to make a Choice Selection on Behalf of the Student?

Anyway for a Teacher to make a Choice Selection on Behalf of the Student?

by Thomas Marcais -
Number of replies: 4
One of my teacher's posed this question to me... and I haven't found a solution yet. She'd like to be able to make the selection for students that haven't yet responded to a choice. I'm assuming that the scenario is similar to this:

Teacher creates a choice for presentation topics, allowing her students to select their own topics from a predefined list based on her preset limits on a first-come-first serve basis.

Most students respond, but several do not

Teacher wants to manually assign presentation topics to those that did not respond.

Any thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Marcais

Re: Anyway for a Teacher to make a Choice Selection on Behalf of the Student?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

you could use the "login as" feature

go to a students profile and click on the "login as" link

go to the course - make the choice.

done!

(if you don't have the "login as" link in the students profile, you may need to adjust the roles to allow whoever needs access to do it!)

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Thomas Marcais -
Dan,

Thanks for your response. I had already thought of that... but we don't want to give that privilege to our instructors. From a security standpoint... it's somewhat risky (and knowing some of my instructors... they'd log-in as the student, forget they were logged in as them... and then muck up all sorts of other stuff in the process...).

Any other thoughts?
In reply to Thomas Marcais

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

no sorry! - there have been a few suggestions regarding auto selection after the choice closes though - it's a feature I'd like to add but haven't had the time to spend on it!

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Thomas Marcais -
Dan,

I definitely understand the time issue! smile Thanks for keeping it in mind for future releases, though!

Tom