Admin rights gone!

Admin rights gone!

by Stuart Walsh -
Number of replies: 2

Ok, the story is; I was in class giving my year 12 students revision lessons from Moodle, and found in the log that night they had been sneaking messages to each other rather than study, so I thought I will see if I can keep them from doing such things, and yes, I did, but also stopped myself from doing anything, locked myself out of the administration section that enables me to change settings, admit new people, etc. I was in the section where you can click the little circles whether you want them to use what it is against, or you don't. I did it in the student section, but it seems to have locked out everyone, including me, the administrator....thoughtful

If anyone has any idea as to how I can undo this calamity, please, please, please, let me know...after you stop your laughing that is ...blush

I am with MD Webhosting, they run my Moodle on a Linux server, and and Moodle 1.8.2.

Hope all this is enough information, as I don't get much of a response to my bad tidings on this site, and really don't know why.

Cheers
Stuart

PS: Seems this post was taken off this forum, and no one told me why nor had the courtesy to tell me.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Walsh

Re: Admin rights gone!

by John Isner -
Seems this post was taken off this forum, and no one told me why nor had the courtesy to tell me

I didn't do it (and I was not aware of that sort of thing happening), but may be because you cross-posted. By the way, I made a suggestion that you run a script to restore your admin rights in this discussion. Did you try it?
In reply to Stuart Walsh

Re: Admin rights gone!

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Stuart,

Apologies for not telling you why your post was deleted. As John guessed, it was because you cross-posted. Unfortunately the volume of cross-posting in these forums is so high these days, that it's not always possible to provide individual explanations regarding why posts are deleted.

I hope John's suggestion in your previous discussion is helpful.