Description of Teacher or Staff Roles

Description of Teacher or Staff Roles

by Max Wild -
Number of replies: 2

During the summer holiday we have updated to 1.8 from 1.5 and I am just finding my way around the similar but changed surroundings.

One thing that we valued in 1.5 was the ability to label a particular colleague with their 'actual' function within a course.

Example: we have a Pastoral Course for each year group and it was useful to be able to label the staff associated with the course indicating their 'actual' roles rather than their Moodle permissions. In fact they all have the same Moodle rights but one is Head of Year, another Deputy head of Year, another Examinarions officer etc etc.

Has this facility been dropped in 1.8 or am I blind?

Max Wild (Manchester High School for Girls, UK)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max Wild

Re: Description of Teacher or Staff Roles

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Max,

Please see the FAQ about changing the name for teacher in the Roles FAQ documentation.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Description of Teacher or Staff Roles

by Max Wild -
Helen, thank you for your prompt reply

From "How do I change the name for "teacher" in the course description?" I imply that we will have to wait until we upgrade to 1.9 to be able again easily to have a teacher eg "Mrs Bloggs, Head of Year 10" or for another course "Mrs Bloggs, Head of Chemistry".

It could be done now by creating multiple roles all with the same permissions as teachers but that would quickly become overwhelming!

Thanks again - it has saved me spending too much time looking

max