flatfile enrolment - add teacheredit not working

flatfile enrolment - add teacheredit not working

by denis cahalane -
Number of replies: 5
Before I file it as a bug, can somebody else running version 1.8 let me know whether add teacheredit works for them. It has no effect on my system. Add teacher and add student work perfectly, as they always did.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to denis cahalane

Re: flatfile enrolment - add teacheredit not working

by Martin Holden -
Am running 1.8.2 (2007021520) on local pc as test environment.

Hope I have understood you correctly.

Have just tried uploading a flat file with 2 users having roles set to 2 (editing teacher) and 3 (non editing teacher) respectively .

Seems to have worked ok for me i.e the 2 users appear with the correct teacher roles in the course to which they were assigned.

Regards

In reply to Martin Holden

by Martin Holden -
RE my previous post - I think I have misunderstood you as I uploaded users using .csv file which, re-reading moodle docs, is not what I think you were asking to be checked . Sorry,- my mistake tried to help but still learning blush

by Martin Holden -
Think I have done it correctly for you this time (- still learningsmile)

Can confirm your result.
flat file worked ok when option set as 'teacher' or 'student' -
cron script was successful reporting following:
Flatfile enrol cron found file: C:\webroot\moodledata/1/enrolments.txt

1: add teacher 48 3 :OK
etc

& I checked that user was added as 'non editing teacher' or 'student' respectively within the course but when I tried with 'teacheredit' option
got following cron error

Flatfile enrol cron found file: C:\webroot\moodledata/1/enrolments.txt

1: add teacheredit 48 3 :Unknown role in field2 - ignoring line

Regards
Martin

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think the role name is now 'editingteacher'. Maybe that's why you are getting the 'Unkown role' error.

So this is definitely a bug in the help text at the top of the flat file enrolment page. Denis, could you file the bug please? smile

Saludos. Iñaki.