LDAP Role Assignments CANNOT EDIT

LDAP Role Assignments CANNOT EDIT

by Vince DiScipio -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We need to change the enron_ldap_contexts for one of the roles in out LDAP enrollment plugin.  When we edit the field and save changes the old values return for NonEditing teacher and Student.  We are able to edit the other 5 roles through the web interface. 

also

update mdl_config set value = "ou=MoodleNonEdit,ou=Moodle,o=Wooster" WHERE `id`=323;

results in

323 | enrol_ldap_contexts_role4 | ou=MoodleNonEdit,ou=Moodle,o=Wooster

as expected.  But when ever the enrollment plugin configuration page is reloaded the values return to

323 | enrol_ldap_contexts_role4 | ou=Student,ou=Moodle,o=Wooster

Are the values for these cached somewhere?  Where is it pulling the information to display?  Where can I edit these in the tables if not in mdl_config? 

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Vince

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vince DiScipio

Re: LDAP Role Assignments CANNOT EDIT

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Vince,

Just moving your post to the Enrolment plugins forum where hopefully it will be answered...
In reply to Vince DiScipio

Re: LDAP Role Assignments CANNOT EDIT

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have just tried this on my test server, and it works as expected (Moodle 1.8.2+ v2007021520).

The values are retrieved from the database, from the mdl_config table. As far as I know, they are not cached unless you enabled the record cache in the Performance settings.

Saludos. Iñaki.