Average of ratings: -
In reply to said asy

Re: how to create course by moodle ?

by said asy -
ADAD
In reply to said asy

by Sarah Knoblauch -
Do I need the Moodle application to set up a Moodle site? If yes, does everyone who uses my site need to download the application?
In reply to Sarah Knoblauch

by David Le Blanc -
Hello Sarah,
MOODLE is a Learning Management System that needs to be installed on a server for your students to access. It is not a client based system, rather it is accessed via the Web or a school's intranet. In other words, your students would not need to download it, they would access it from the Internet.
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Sarah Knoblauch -
Thank you for the response. I still need some clarification. I want to know if I can use a Moodle site to for a church choir. What I don't know is how to do that. I have a Moodle site for the University of Minnesota's Gospel Choir but we don't want to use the U of MN header.

So, can this be done? You mentioned that I need to access it on the server, how do I do that?

Sarah
In reply to Sarah Knoblauch

by Mark Schwanz -

Do you mean to create your own domain for the moodle?

If you use a hosting provider (ie. godaddy) you may install a moodle on their hosted server, then configure it however you want it to look: yourdomain.com/moodle or moodle.yourdomain.com etc.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Martha Valetti -
Hi David, I want to create a course in Moodle but I can't contact anyone who can assign me as a teacher. Do you think you could help me? Many thanks, Martha
In reply to Martha Valetti

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Martha,

In order to create a course in Moodle, you first need a Moodle site. Perhaps your school can set one up for you, otherwise there are many other options. Please see Teaching FAQ for more info.