Teacher cannot see Moodle Docs contextual help link

Teacher cannot see Moodle Docs contextual help link

by Bee Bell -
Number of replies: 4
Only the admin is able to see the Moodle Docs link in version 1.8.2.

When I log as an admin I can see the link to MoodleDocs in almost every page

docs.gifMoodle Docs for this page

However if I log as a teacher then the link disappears and is no way to find it.

I have examined the footer.html file and surely enough the link is there:

<?php
echo '<p class="helplink">';
echo page_doc_link(get_string('moodledocslink'));
echo '</p>';
?>

Is any kind of permission or capability that is causing this? Where do I change it? I have spent more than three hours trying to solve this already and I cannot find any obvious reason for this behavior. It was working fine with my 1.6.2 version!!

I need Creators and Teachers to be able to get the documentation when they are creating Resources and Activities!

Please help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bee Bell

Re: Teacher cannot see Moodle Docs contextual help link

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

This bug has just been fixed (see MDL-10670). Please upgrade your site.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Bee Bell -
Thanks so much you are an angel. I will let know my provider so they can make the adjustment.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Bee Bell -
Helen,

When is the fix going to be released? The technical support in my site said:

"The fix is to upgrade the moodle to latest 1.8.3 but looking at the dowload page, moodle 1.8.3 is not available yet. "

If you do not know, how do I find out about when it will be available, or with whom?

Meanwhile is any code we could fix temporarily to make this link available. I have all my Help based on the availability of Moodle Docs links for the teacher.

Gratefully
In reply to Bee Bell

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
1.8.3 is indeed not released yet, but every night a version called 1.8.2+ is made, and this is 1.8.2 plus all the bugs fixes that will eventually be released as 1.8.3. You could upgrade to that.

Alternatively, if you go to MDL-10670, and click on the 'Version Control' tab at the bottom, you will get a link that shows you exactly what was changed in the CVS repository, in this case, that link will take you here.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)