Single language, hide the dropdown

Single language, hide the dropdown

by Sarah King -
Number of replies: 7

Is there an "approved" way of removing the language dropdown?

The site I'm working on is in New Zealand and business related and English is the only business language down here.

As I've removed the other languages I'd like to hide the drop down by the login link. I'm happy to hack the code but would prefer to do it in a way that won't get over written with every upgrade.

Sarah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah King

Re: Single language, hide the dropdown

by Gustav W Delius -
Go to Configuration -> Variables and then choose "No" for the "langmenu" option.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by elearning edu -

How to limit the moodle implementation to "English" only.  Recent Moodle imlementation size is 33 MB and in a shared webhosting with 50 MB I do not need these other languages to occupy the dead storage.

Prof.V.Nagarajan.

In reply to elearning edu

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Simply delete all the folders that you don't want from the moodle/lang folder (except "en" ... that MUST be present even if you aren't using that language).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Dan Eliot -
But with my provider, this is a problem.  First of all, it's very annoying to have to remove many many language packs every time I do a CVS update.  Secondly, my provider has a 12,000 file limit (in addition to 400 MEG limit) on my website.  Moodle is now beyond that number of files largely due to the language packs, so I can't do a CVS update any more.  Help!
In reply to Dan Eliot

by Tim Allen -
Yes, I'd like to know what to do in this situation too.  Any advice would be welcome!  smile

Tim.
In reply to Tim Allen

by Dan Eliot -

HELP!!

Does ANYBODY have an answer for how not to update all the unnecessary languages when doing a CVS update?  My Moodle is basically BROKEN due to the number of language files needed when doing a cvs update -dP.