Parent mode

Parent mode

by Gary Newport -
Number of replies: 3
I have now made progress with the parent mode and have found that I can now, as a parent, click on the child's name in the Mentee module and see the student's profile and therefore the classes they are in. I have created a test student account and a parent account for that student. Under the student account I have created an inline text assignment and I want to be able to read the student's words under the parent's account. However, when I follow the Mentee link to the profile then on to the course, though it lists the assignment when I click on it as a parent it is empty with no options. I presume it is therefore creating a blank entry for the parent to write in but since the group setting only allows reading there is no write capability. Is there any way the parent could read the student's work in the assignment?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Newport

Re: Parent mode

by Helen Foster -
Core developers இன் படம் Documentation writers இன் படம் Moodle HQ இன் படம் Particularly helpful Moodlers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம் Testers இன் படம் Translators இன் படம்
Hi Gary,

As you've found, a user with the role of parent is unable to view their child's assignment submissions. They may only view certain information about their child (activity reports, grades, blog entries and forum posts) and are unable to view other activity submissions, such as database entries, glossary entries and quiz attempts.

You probably noticed that the discussion Create a Parent of a student role resulted in the development of the mentees block. Perhaps you could add a feature request in the tracker for the ability for users with the role of parent to view assignment submissions.
In reply to Gary Newport

Re: Parent mode - viewing grades?

by Rob Clarke -
I have to report a similar problem to yours Gary. When logged in as a parent I have been unable not only to view the assingment texts, but also to view the grades.
I can view the activity reports - so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Rob