Always see Q and A posts

Always see Q and A posts

by Colin McQueen -
Number of replies: 3
What is the "Always see Q and A posts" permission about? How is it different to view discussions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin McQueen

Re: Always see Q and A posts

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Colin,

Please see the Always see Q and A posts capability documentation for details of how Q and A forums differ from standard forums.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Colin McQueen -

Ah I see thanks Helen. That's a nice idea and hadn't seen it before. Thanks for updating the wiki with the explanation as well. I guess I could have looked up the Adding/editing a forum page and I would then have found my answer. I've copied the explanation about Q+A forums into a relevant section in the Forum module page. Do you know I have never spotted the Forum type drop down menu before and so haven't clicked through on that bit of the help manual where its also explained.

Made me wonder, because I had been searching on the doc wiki and had forgotten about the help manual, is everything in the Help manual in the doc wiki as well? I guess it was all copied over in the beginning?

Would it help to have a links both ways between the Help manual and the Docs wiki, at least in the English version(s) or is that not possible?

Moodle's documentation is easily the best out of any Learning Platform/VLE/CMS I have seen. I can think of two Scandinavian VLEs that have appalling documentation. Some companies are starting to create multimedia additions for their docs, like audio reading of the manual, labelled screen shots and screen movies but often Moodle's Help Manual linked at the correct spot in a form is just what you need. approve

In reply to Colin McQueen

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Colin,

The Moodle help files remain in each language pack, so it's not necessary to include their text in the documentation wiki. It can be helpful though, to sometimes copy bits from the help files into the documentation.

As every page in Moodle is linked to a corresponding page in the documentation, I don't think it's necessary to link to the help files too.

Thanks for your encouraging words about the documentation and for your documentation contributions. I always think of Moodle Docs as a work-in-progress which, with everyone's help, we can make really good! smile