Can a student post a course event?

Can a student post a course event?

by Daniele Cordella -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
I would like to allow my students to post course events. Is this possible? If so, how? I am using moodle 1.8+
Thank you in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Cordella

Re: Can a student post a course event?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniele,

You could try editing the role of student and allowing the capability moodle/calendar:manageentries.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Daniele Cordella -
Thank you Helen.
I tried but it doesn't work. Maybe I missed something!!
I tried it by logging in as a student but the student was able to only create a "user event" triste

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm, I've just checked using the latest 1.8+ and it works fine. thoughtful Here's what I did:
  1. Edit student role via Administration > Users > Permissions > Define role and allowed the "Manage any calender entries" capability
  2. Log out then login as a student
  3. Access the calendar within a course
  4. Click the button "Add an event"
  5. Select "Course event" as the type of event
In reply to Helen Foster

by Daniele Cordella -
You are right. I changed "Manage own calender entries" with "Manage any calender entries" arrossito
You are right, as always. Thanks Helen.

by Helen Foster -
Hey, I'm not always right! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you sorted things out. smile