What actual affect does a legacy role setting have

What actual affect does a legacy role setting have

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I notice that in 1.8 the legacy role setting has changed to a drop down - with no help (shame sad )

I just wanted to confirm my understanding that a legacy role infers no rights at all in the new roles system, it is *only* for old plugins that do not understand roles.

What's the implication of only being able to select one legacy role in 1.8 as opposed to as few or as many as you like in 1.7?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: What actual affect does a legacy role setting have

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Howard,

Please check bug MDL-9013 - Improve explanation of legacy roles - for details of why legacy roles are needed, plus a suggestion for a legacy role drop-down menu help pop-up wink.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: What actual affect does a legacy role setting have

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Helen,

That drop-down *really* needs a help button. I certainly don't feel qualified to write the help though.

The roles administration assumes far too much prior knowledge at the moment and there is too little help. This is, shall we say, unfortunate.