Feedback Module ' problem

Feedback Module ' problem

by rongguang liu -
Number of replies: 8

I insert feedback module in moodle 1.7.I use it ,feedback activity is ok.

But feedback block doen't work. when I add feedback activity and feedback block .I design a questionaire and students do it .But students and I logged Moodle 's course ,all of us  can't see feedback block.It seems the feedback block  isn't useful .why?  who can help me ?Thanks a lot! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to rongguang liu

Re: Feedback Module ' problem

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

you have to create a feedback on the moodle main-site. After it you can use the feedback-block.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

回复: Re: Feedback Module ' problem

by rongguang liu -

Hello Andreas Grabs!

At first ,Thank you very much.

But I don't understand the sentence "create a feedback on the moodle main-site". Is "feedback"   feedback activity moudle or feedback block ?
Thanks a gain!

In reply to rongguang liu

Re: 回复: Re: Feedback Module ' problem

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I mean the feedback-activity. The feedback-block is only a view to global managed feedbacks.
  1. create a feedback at moodles first page e.g. www.yourmoodle.com as an activity. You can put it into the main-menu or into the theme-section above your courselist. The feedback can be switched to hidden.
  2. If you do open this feedback as admin so you will find a button "Map feedback to courses". This will open a page where you can define courses which can use this feedback in their feedback-block. If you do not define any course so all courses can access to this feedback
  3. Now you can go into a course you defined before. There now you can use the feedback-block
Andreas

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Feedback Module ' problem

by rongguang liu -

Now I see how to use feedback activity module and feedback block .  Thanks a lot ,Andreas.

by Deleted user -

Hi Andreas,

I need a little help, I've been running the feedback module successfully and have just download the latest 1.6 version and installed over the top of the existing and now seem to have some problems.

1. Using course filter, the count for within that specific course is not displayed.

2. Non of my lecturers or students can see the results only admins.

The Feedback is setup on the main page and echoed to the courses using the Feedback block. The main page is hidden from all apart from admins because I wanted the feedback to filter down to course level to view the responses.

Setup: IIS Win 2003 Server, PHP's in the upper 5's and Moodle 1.6.3+

Kind regards
Gerald

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
seem to have a resolution I've changed if isteacher to isteacherinanycourse in mod/feedback/view.php
In reply to Deleted user

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Gerald,

1)
I'm sorry. I can not reproduce your problem. But it could be an issue with IIS. I haven't any experience with it. You could try switch on the debug-mode. If there is some error-message so you can post it.

2)
since moodle 1.7.x you can override roles so you can give teachers the especially right to view the results. On feedback for moodle 1.6 it is not intended to that.

Andreas

by Deleted user -
Thanks Andreas, the quick fix in view.php changing isteacher to isteacherinanycourse is working so that the results can be viewed by any teacher. In this case it is a global survey using the Feedback Mod.