Confirmation emails not being received

Confirmation emails not being received

by Sub Bass -
Number of replies: 3
Currently i have two moodles set up on my server adding another one soon. (they are for english, portuguese and spanish language classes) In the past i have not had any trouble with confirmation emails being received. But for our portuguese students almost half would not receive the emails. I tested it a couple of times and it worked. Is there any way to see (by viewing the database or otherwise) if the emails were sent? Could this be a case of some Brazilian ISP filter stopping the emails?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sub Bass

Re: Confirmation emails not being received

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You *have* remembered to set up the Cron jobs??

It is possible your ISP has firewalled SMTP or something, so that you have to send everthing through their server (we are effectively in this situation), but that would mean that you server would send no mail at all. The fix is to put the appropriate SMTP server name in the appropriate box in the Moodle settings.
In reply to Howard Miller

Confirmation emails AND subscription emails not being received

by George Kao -

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a solution to this:

1. Many of our students are not getting their confirmation emails.  AOL; yahoo; and other domains.  I notice when I go into "Edit user accounts" their accounts don't even show up so there is no "confirm" button I can use to manually confirm their account... so I cannot do anything except manually set them up with an account.  That's very strange, isn't it?

2, Also, I am not receiving emails from some of the forums, even though I'm subscribed to all of them.  (I'm talking about our school's Moodle.)

Any hints?

Thanks!

George

In reply to George Kao

Re: Confirmation emails AND subscription emails not being received

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear George Kao,
And you have set up a cron yes?
I have been known to forget.
Tim