Block Admin Downgrade Error

Block Admin Downgrade Error

by Debasis Satapathy -
Number of replies: 5
I am using Enterprise Linux ES3.0 as my OS.
Php-4.3.2-8ent and mysql-3.23.58-4.
I installed moodle 1.3.4 version.
I am getting follwing error when i click Admin block.

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

Version mismatch: block admin can't downgrade 2005052800 -> 2004041000 !

Please give me the details about this error and what can I do/need to avoid the error.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debasis Satapathy

Re: Block Admin Downgrade Error

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
2005052800  ?!?!

Was this a fresh install or an upgrade?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Scott Elliott -
I recently did a bug fix in moodle 1.4 dev in blocks/block_admin.php and noticed the version in the future but didn't want to change it in case there was some reason it was set in the future that I didn't know about.
In reply to Scott Elliott

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Looks like a typo from a while back... wink   I've just fixed it now. In fact, the same typo is in two other blocks too.

However, none of this should affect Moodle 1.3.x, which still has the older code with the correct date in it.

Debasis, it looks like you've installed 1.4 dev at some time. To fix this you could look in the "blocks" table using phpmyadmin and delete the three records with 2005 in the version number.

by Sujeet Nayak -
Dear Martin,

Yes I have installed the 1.4 development version earlier. I again made a fresh installation of moodle1.3.4 but with the earlier moodle database and as per your instruction I deleted those 3 records with version no. starting with 2005. Still the problem is persisting.

Now it shows

Version mismatch: block calendar_upcoming can't downgrade 2004052600 -> 2004052400 !

Now the version for calendar_upcoming is 2004052600 only.

Please let me know, how to proceed.

by Debasis Satapathy -
Dear Martin,
This is not a fresh installation.Earlier we were using moodle1.3.2.But when we upgraded it to 1.3.3 we got this problem in Admin block. Again when we upgraded it to moodle1.3.4 the same problem persisted.